I tried out quite a few new beauty products last year and several really blew me away in how well they worked that they have reached “holy grail” status for me. While these products aren’t necessarily new to 2014, it is the year that I finally tried it (and loved it!). Read on for my mini review of each:
- tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush (buy) I use this brush on my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (it’s a bit pricey but worth every penny) and the result is like flawless airbrushed skin! The bristles are dense yet soft and I just use circular motions when applying my product. I love the domed top so I can zero on small spaces like the sides of my nose without any difficulty. The brush applies my foundation evenly and helps everything blend so quickly — I can usually finish my foundation in 15-20 seconds!
- 12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair (buy) I’ve mentioned this product before but it has truly transformed my hair in only the last 2 months that I’ve been using it. I apply it on damp hair and have both air-dried as well as blow-dried my hair with amazing results afterwards. Even in the dry winter weather, my hair isn’t frizzy and looks shiny and healthy!
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light (buy) I use this product as my blush (applied with a MAC 187 stippling brush) and swear that it’s what is actually responsible for my “pregnancy glow”. It catches the light just perfectly and just adds a subtle, natural color to my cheeks.
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC25 (buy) I always have trouble with my concealer settling into my fine lines in my undereye area but this product is amazing! I apply it with a dampened Beauty Blender sponge and it smooths out easily and covers even the worst of my zombie-mom eye circles. I also started using this as an eyeshadow base and it’s worked better than my previous eyeshadow base in preventing creasing!
- Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer (buy) This product does an amazing job at blurring out my large pores and even helping my skin look a bit more even. It’s not silicone based so it doesn’t feel greasy or slide off my face, but instead has a wonderful velvety texture. There are days when I’m running late and I will only apply this product on my face (no foundation!) before running out the door.
- TULA Probiotic Skincare Discovery Set (buy) Since becoming pregnant earlier in 2014, I needed to change up my skincare so that it was pregnancy safe. The TULA skincare line uses a special blend of probiotics, nutripeptides, antioxidants, and vitamins A, C, E. They’re also free of parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, propylene glycol, and petroleum and not tested on animals. I used the 4 different products in the discovery set starting in the fall and after 2 weeks noticed that my skin had a natural luminosity and felt more supple and soft. I just finished my travel size products and will be purchasing the full-size items for sure!
P.S. In case you missed it:
- J.Crew Factory + Weekend Sale Shopping! – A few picks at bargain prices!