|whoa, was not expecting this wind this morning!|
|you can actually see my nose getting redder…|
|and yes, i’m going back in to warm up now!|
Brrr!!! When did it get so cold in Dallas?! I woke up this morning after 10 hours of solid sleep (and a healthy swig of Robitussin) and felt almost like new again. The worst of the cold is now behind me. Thank you everyone for all of your well wishes and positive energy! It did the trick to fix me up right quick!
Today was definitely a case of the Mondays for me. Here’s a small timeline of events:
- 7:00 am: I put on my nice black shirt that I had picked out the night before (I’ve found this to be the only way I can stick to the challenge as I’m not inspired enough in the mornings otherwise), only to notice that the entire backside is matted with light gray cat hair. Like, it was so dense it could almost pass for an intentional faux fur design! So… 10 sheets of lint remover later and I had a shirt on. ^_^
- 7:15 am: The hinge on my curling iron broke. Booo. You can see my feeble attempt to curl my hair in the pics above. Meanwhile, can anyone recommend a good curling iron? Ceramic and/or tourmaline, if possible…
- 8:00 am: Took pictures in the blistering wind of my rooftop deck! This meant hair stuck to lipgloss and scarf flying in my face. Needless to say, I could only stand in one direction in order to avoid utter chaos. So today I’m featuring the right side of my face.
- 8:15 am: Do you know how hard it is to drive stick shift with knee-high boots? These are things that you don’t think of ahead of time when you buy a manual transmission car. I basically had to lift my entire left leg in order to use the clutch. Awkwarrrd.
- 8:30 am: Made it to work and grabbed a bowl of blueberries from the cafeteria. Everything is better after a bowl of blueberries. It’s a fact. My day did get much better from here. ^_^
Here’s to having a great rest of the week!
P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for my CSNStores.com giveaway! Deadline is Friday, Nov 19.
Twitter | Facebook Ask me anything on FormSpring
I really think ConAir makes a good curling iron. It not expensive and they seem to last FOREVER! I am sick and have been snaking on blueberry's all day. I actually feel better. Mmmmm.
I love my Revlon curling iron! You look so cute! I love the brown, gray, and black together!
Sandra Leiva says
Love the boots <3
Frances Joy says
I have no curling iron tips, but I do love the boots with the socks. So super cute!
Blueberries always save the day.
Linda W says
Ha! I never thought about driving with knee high boots. It probably does change things.
I'm a sucker for brown and black together. When you throw in a sharp white, I just love it!
The Auspicious Life
Kara Marie says
great site! you really do look cold in the pics 🙁 hopefully you feel better! now following your site! be sure to check mine out too! I just started it today and could use some petite followers 🙂
Yay you're back! Glad to hear the worst of your cold is behind you.
I love the camel belt to break up the black and grey!! I would never think to do that! I must jot down notes 🙂 This outfit is so cute!
Ashley J says
I am glad your day has gotten better! I had a case of the Mondays today since I was off the past two days, not fun at all going back to work!
Laura Holland says
it's nice to know that you still dress up for work. I for one have given up. I practically wear the same thing everyday.
I'm glad you are feeling better. It's awesome that you drive stick. Since I got a manual car over 5 years ago, I'll never go back to automatic.
PS: I'm your newest follower. Found you on Twenty York Street and love your sense of style.
the solar flare says
yeahh it's awesome 🙂 i'm new on blogger and from now i'm your follower 🙂 if you want to follow me this is the url : http://martinathesolarflare.blogspot.com/ xoxo
I can't even tell you've been sick, kileen 🙂 I love everything about this outfit, from the scarf down to the boots. I totally have to copy this look sometime 😉
Really Petite says
Cute outfit Kileen! How does the Merona cashmere hold up?
@Really Petite really well actually!! and it's the most beautiful ivory color. i was a great deal at Target and the scarf feel oh-so-soft against my neck. i was rubbing hands through the scarf all yesterday cause it felt so good. 🙂
I Don't Wear Jeans says
Sensational again today. Glad you are feeling better. Asking about leather in the workplace on my new blog. Come chime in. http://idontwearjeans.blogspot.com/
I love the mix of all the neutral colors…that skirt is adorable! I never tried it on, but see on others and wish I had 🙂
I generally just buy cheap curling irons… Revlon and Conair. Love your outfit today. Those boots are uhhmazing!
Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!
Emma at Daily Clothes Fix says
I love your mix of neutrals with the black, brown and grey.
Sounds like you had a challenging day. On the plus side I can vouch for the fact that you get used to driving a manual car in knee boots – it's a knack.
Don't miss my first ever giveaway
Kaleido Mind says
what's the avg temp in dallas? i flew through houston couple weeks ago and it was still a little brisk for me then!
Tinfoils Tiaras says
I love your outfit! Classically beautiful! And good luck on the 30X30 challenge!
This is really cute! I love those boots! I was considering getting them in black, but miiight opt for another pair of Steve Madden's instead! But the Intyce are such a nice basic boot!
@Kaleido Mind it's been in the 60s this week but it's getting cold tomorrow (lower 50s, i think)!! time to bust out the winter jacket! 🙂
Omigosh, it's cold enough in Dallas to make one's nose red? You shoudl see what color it turns in Boston lol! My rudolph nose always ruins outdoor photos.
You look really cute and cozy here…I've always liked that ribbon banded loft skirt but it didn't fit as nicely on me. Cognac boots finish the look!
Love the black, brown and gray combo! Blueberries do make everything better. 🙂
Destined For Now says
Cute pictures! You look absolutely lovely. I feel like my whole week is Monday so I know how you feel. At least you look fab.
Cute! You take such great pics!
I miss that skirt- I'm sad it's not in my 30 🙁
I know what you mean! When I drive my boyfriends car, I NEED to bring another pair of shoes. His clutch is too heavy for my weak leg. I literally have to stomp on it. It's embarrassing.
Just Better Together
I really liked that skirt as well, but it just didn't fit right on me. Actually saw the black ribbon version of it on final sale at my LOFT today for only $7!! If a 00P was available I probably would've grabbed it anyway 😛