Now that the holidays are over and we’re in the midst of winter, I can’t help but feel a little restless as I start counting down the days until spring comes around. And while I’m all for layers and sweaters and coats at the beginning of the season, part of me is ready to put the bulky pieces back in storage already! Plus, now that I have two little ones in tow who always seem to have endless energy, I’ll be the first to admit that we get a little stir crazy! Today I’m so excited to work with Vaseline to share 5 tips on how to make the most of wintertime, especially if you have kids!
- Get out of the house. Nothing beats some fresh air or a change of environment! Even if you don’t want to go outside, find indoor places where you can take the kids. Libraries, museums, trampoline parks, indoor bouncehouses — find some kid-friendly places nearby where you can escape to and it’ll be a much-needed respite for everyone when the cabin fever sets in.
- Have a dance party. My kids love music and movement so whenever I’m at my wit’s end, I put on some happy tunes (my kids love Mother Goose Club!) and let loose!
- Get crafty. Once my kids have a project to focus on, it’s amazing how they can focus and channel their energy to a specific task at hand. It can be as easy as printing out some coloring sheets, decorating rocks (we’ve made a little rock farm before!), or just getting creative with some pipe cleaners! My kids always remember the times we’ve spent together creating something and it’s a great way to create some lasting memories.
- Indulge in the season. Cold weather makes for a perfect opportunity to do all those fun traditional activities! Make some hot chocolate, have some s’mores, put together a gingerbread house. If you have snow where you live, build a snowman or create some snow angels!
- Take care of your skin. Dry winter air does a number on everyone’s skin so I make sure that the whole family takes the time to moisturize and nourish their skin. The Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Essential Healing Lotion is our favorite as it actually heals while hydrating our skin. The scent is light and the lotion sinks in instantly so there’s never any greasy feel afterwards. Vaseline® Intensive Care™ Essential Healing Lotion leaves skin deeply moisturized and looking noticeably healthier. Plus, every purchase of Vaseline® lotion (or jelly) in the U.S. goes towards supporting Direct Relief through a buy one to help heal one promotion (details here). All Vaseline® Intensive Care® lotions can be used daily and are available at Walmart and other food, drug and mass retailers nationwide. My kids love this lotion so much that we have a field day every day when it comes time to apply it! It’s the perfect excuse for some extra snuggles.
So even if you’re like me and have springtime on the brain already, I hope these tips will inspire you with some fun ideas to spend time with your kiddos this winter season! How do you guys survive the cold? Tell me all about it in the comments below!