This beautiful skin post was sponsored by Clarisonic as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
My apologies that this post is going up a bit late. I’ve been sick the past couple of days but had to share this post today as you can save 20% off Clarisonic through today using code ICCHAT (free shipping + returns too!). There are some amazing gift sets available for the holiday to obtain your own beautiful skin!
Read on as I’m always personally giving away a brand-new Clarisonic Mia 2!
Skincare and beautiful skin are kinda my obsessions. As a busy mom I don’t have a lot of time for makeup but instead focus my time on taking care of my skin. I know that when my skin looks good, I feel good. When I was younger, I struggled with occasional acne breakouts. And now that I’m older, I struggle with hyperpigmentation (I have a mild case of melasma or “pregnancy mask” from having my babies), even skin tone, and the beginning of a few wrinkles. Taking care of my skin is an investment so while I’m not shy about splurging on serums and face creams, I also realized that even the best products won’t do any good unless I’m cleaning my skin right!
I first heard about the Clarisonic cleansing device nearly 10 years ago and it has been my must-have tool that I continue to use every single day for a soft and beautiful skin. The Clarisonic Mia 2 is their signature tool and works using a gentle oscillation motion that flexes the skin while the bristles work to clean out the pores. I was afraid that the bristles might be harsh or stiff, but the Clarisonic brush heads are actually made of super-soft filaments that have rounded tips so that it’s gentle on the skin! The first time I used the tool I noticed a dramatic difference in the texture and radiance of my skin — my skin felt baby smooth and had a glow to it that I had always wanted but was never able to achieve! The Clarisonic cleanses skin 6x better than with hands alone and I felt like I was finally cleaning out gunk that had been trapped under my skin for years! I’m getting more mileage out of my skincare products now as they can absorb into my skin better and do their work!
And because everyone has different skin issues to address, I love that Clarisonic offers a multitude of different options when it comes to brush heads. My skin needs also change throughout the year (or even throughout the month depending on my hormones!), so I love that it’s so easy to swap out different brush heads. This chart is super for comparing brush head options but I’ve personally tried several myself and am sharing my experience notes below.
- Sonic Radiance Cleansing Brush Head – This one is my favorite and my pick that I use twice every single day. This brush head is specifically engineered with extra fine bristles and it feels super soft and even luxurious on my skin. I wasn’t sure that a brush head could actually give my skin radiance but I was honestly surprised to see my skin glow after using this brush head! I didn’t even realize how dull my skin was before I started using this brush head regularly!
- Cashmere Cleansing Brush Head – This brush head is about twice the height of a normal brush head and it’s a result of the dual layer design that gently massages the skin. This brush is plush and soft, perfect for those days when I’ve been outside for too long and my face needs a little extra TLC. If you have more mature or thin skin, I would also highly recommend trying this brush.
- Delicate Cleansing Brush Head – I switched to using the Delicate brush head when I was pregnant and had issues with eczema and dryness. The bristles in this head are extra gentle yet still effective as I was able to keep my pores clean. My skin can also get a bit flaky in the wintertime (usually around my nose) and the delicate brush is perfect since it doesn’t tug at the skin. If your skin is prone to irritation and/or dryness, this is your brush!
- Sensitive Cleansing Brush Head – I tried this one initially before I tried the delicate and it’s great if you have sensitive to combination skin. The bristles here have a bit more scrubbing power than the Delicate Brush Head so it’s great if you don’t have as many issues with irritation and want to focus on clean!
- Deep Pore Cleansing Brush Head – This brush head is ideal if you have enlarged pores as the graduated dual-action bristles work to flush and dislodge oil and debris. I use this on days when I have a full face of makeup and really want to make sure that I get every bit of it out of my pores! The bristles are still soft on my skin and I love the clean feeling afterwards!
- Acne Cleansing Brush Head – I tend to get acne around that time of the month and use this brush head proactively to help keep my skin clear. The bristles here are super soft and great if your skin is sensitive with existing acne and the plush bristles provide gentle cleansing.
- Alpha Fit Men’s Cleansing Brush Head – I gifted Adrian the Clarisonic Alpha Fit for Father’s Day earlier this year (my post) and he has been a total Clarisonic convert! He’s pretty simple when it comes to a skincare routine but even he has mentioned to me on numerous occasions just how much he loves cleaning with his Clarisonic (he actually forgot to take it on one of his business trips one time and said he was looking forward to coming home to clean his face with his Clarisonic again!). The Alpha Fit has bristles that are more dense as men tend to have more dense skin than women. It’s also especially great if your guy has any sort of facial hair as it really get in there to clean the skin!
- Firming Facial Massage Head – You guys have heard me mention this massage head a couple times now (here and here) and I cannot live without this head! This head isn’t designed for cleansing but yet for massaging. It’s ideal for helping to firm the skin (you can see my before / after) and I can seriously say that my skin has seen a dramatic improvement with this tool (although it does take some time — I saw results after about 8 weeks of regular daily use). It can be used with any Clarisonic device (such as the Mia) although the SMART Profile tool that pairs with it provides more feedback internally to the device as it works against your skin.
- SMART Dynamic Cleansing Brush Head (also here) – Again, this brush head is designed to work with the SMART Profile tool and uses their Clarisonic SMART microchip technology to adjust power, timing, and frequency automatically for a deep and gentle cleanse. It’s shown to cleanse 11x better than with hands alone!
- SMART Revitalizing Cleansing Brush Head – This is like the delicate version of the SMART brush head designed to work with the SMART Profile tool.
- Sonic Foundation Makeup Brush – I only recently added this to my arsenal of Clarisonic brushes and while it’s still a bit too early for me to say if it’s a must-have, I do love that it makes blending my foundation so much easier!
My Skincare Routine for a Beautiful Skin
Since I’ve received questions fairly regularly regarding my skincare, here is my current routine:
- Double Cleanse: pixi Double Cleanse + Clarisonic Mia 2
Regardless of whether or not I have makeup on, I always start with cleansing my skin. I read about the Korean double-cleansing method earlier this year and while I thought it would be overkill at first, it’s something I will always do after I started noticing a difference in my skin. The pixi Double Cleanse jar actually makes the 2-step process so much easier. The first cleansing step involves using an oil-based cleanser to remove makeup, sebum build-up, and pollutants. For this step, I rub on the oil and just use a tissue to wipe off the impurities. The second step uses a water-based cleanser to remove sweat and dirt. I use the Clarisonic Mia 2 here and it’s amazing that I can actually see the additional grime that’s cleansed off in this step right on the Clarisonic brush head!
- Balance: It Cosmetics Miracle Water
This water seriously does it all! I use a few drops on a cotton pad to remove the last bits of eye makeup (as I don’t use my Clarisonic for that). I then apply a few drops on my hands and pat it into my skin as I find it helps my skin feel more balanced instead of tight or dry.
- Tone: pixi Glow Tonic
Another holy grail item that I love and have mentioned on numerous occasions (4 times now!). I love that the tonic contains some glycolic acid as it really works to help my skin glow!
- Tighten + Firm: NeoStrata SKIN ACTIVE Tri-Therapy Lifting Serum
Another product I raved about recently and helps me fight early signs of aging in my skin!
- Retinol: Colleen Rothschild Retinol Supreme Night Oil
I swear by oils as they are amazing for giving my skin the extra moisture that it needs and this product also helps with the anti-aging as it combines their plant-based oils with retinol. I don’t have to worry about Retinol drying out my skin as the oil works together to keep my skin feeling supple.
- Night Cream: Vichy Idealia Skin Sleep Night Recovery
I picked this up a few weeks ago and have been LOVING this cream. It’s formulated with hyaluronic acid to plump my skin while the other nutrients work to stimulate cell renewal. It’s not super thick or heavy and I wake up to more more even skin tone!
- Undereye Cream: The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalizing Eye Cream Gel
My dark circles are always my problem area but this cream has worked wonders! My dark circles have slowly faded and it’s even helped to minimize the wrinkling that I get under my eyes!
- Lip Mask: Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
My lips get super dry at night and especially in the wintertime so this lip sleeping mask has been a lifesaver! It doesn’t feel super heavy or goopy, and even my kids love it when I put it on them before bed!
Also, I know that I get pretty tired myself after putting the kids to bed, so I fit in my skincare routine when the kids are washing up for bed. Even though it’s early in the night, that way I make sure I don’t end up going to bed without having cleansed and moisturized my skin!
Clarisonic is offering some amazing holiday sets and would make a great gift idea! How amazing is this gift set with the Mia 2 + Tatcha Cleansing Oil? There’s also this set that combines the Mia 2 device with a cleansing and foundation brush head! And for those who may already own a Clarisonic, brush head refills or even a Mia travel case for those who travel make great stocking stuffers too! Save 20% through today (12/14/2017) sitewide using code ICCHAT!
I couldn’t live without my Clarisonic so I’m personally giving away a brand-new Clarisonic Mia 2 to one of my readers! Inside is the Mia 2 device, radiance brush head, charging cables, and Clarisonic gel cleanser. Just enter using the widget below!
Clarisonic Mia 2 giveaway
Shop This Post: