This beautiful skin post was sponsored by Clarisonic as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
My apologies that this post is going up a bit late. I’ve been sick the past couple of days but had to share this post today as you can save 20% off Clarisonic through today using code ICCHAT (free shipping + returns too!). There are some amazing gift sets available for the holiday to obtain your own beautiful skin!
Read on as I’m always personally giving away a brand-new Clarisonic Mia 2!
Skincare and beautiful skin are kinda my obsessions. As a busy mom I don’t have a lot of time for makeup but instead focus my time on taking care of my skin. I know that when my skin looks good, I feel good. When I was younger, I struggled with occasional acne breakouts. And now that I’m older, I struggle with hyperpigmentation (I have a mild case of melasma or “pregnancy mask” from having my babies), even skin tone, and the beginning of a few wrinkles. Taking care of my skin is an investment so while I’m not shy about splurging on serums and face creams, I also realized that even the best products won’t do any good unless I’m cleaning my skin right!
I first heard about the Clarisonic cleansing device nearly 10 years ago and it has been my must-have tool that I continue to use every single day for a soft and beautiful skin. The Clarisonic Mia 2 is their signature tool and works using a gentle oscillation motion that flexes the skin while the bristles work to clean out the pores. I was afraid that the bristles might be harsh or stiff, but the Clarisonic brush heads are actually made of super-soft filaments that have rounded tips so that it’s gentle on the skin! The first time I used the tool I noticed a dramatic difference in the texture and radiance of my skin — my skin felt baby smooth and had a glow to it that I had always wanted but was never able to achieve! The Clarisonic cleanses skin 6x better than with hands alone and I felt like I was finally cleaning out gunk that had been trapped under my skin for years! I’m getting more mileage out of my skincare products now as they can absorb into my skin better and do their work!
And because everyone has different skin issues to address, I love that Clarisonic offers a multitude of different options when it comes to brush heads. My skin needs also change throughout the year (or even throughout the month depending on my hormones!), so I love that it’s so easy to swap out different brush heads. This chart is super for comparing brush head options but I’ve personally tried several myself and am sharing my experience notes below.
- Sonic Radiance Cleansing Brush Head – This one is my favorite and my pick that I use twice every single day. This brush head is specifically engineered with extra fine bristles and it feels super soft and even luxurious on my skin. I wasn’t sure that a brush head could actually give my skin radiance but I was honestly surprised to see my skin glow after using this brush head! I didn’t even realize how dull my skin was before I started using this brush head regularly!
- Cashmere Cleansing Brush Head – This brush head is about twice the height of a normal brush head and it’s a result of the dual layer design that gently massages the skin. This brush is plush and soft, perfect for those days when I’ve been outside for too long and my face needs a little extra TLC. If you have more mature or thin skin, I would also highly recommend trying this brush.
- Delicate Cleansing Brush Head – I switched to using the Delicate brush head when I was pregnant and had issues with eczema and dryness. The bristles in this head are extra gentle yet still effective as I was able to keep my pores clean. My skin can also get a bit flaky in the wintertime (usually around my nose) and the delicate brush is perfect since it doesn’t tug at the skin. If your skin is prone to irritation and/or dryness, this is your brush!
- Sensitive Cleansing Brush Head – I tried this one initially before I tried the delicate and it’s great if you have sensitive to combination skin. The bristles here have a bit more scrubbing power than the Delicate Brush Head so it’s great if you don’t have as many issues with irritation and want to focus on clean!
- Deep Pore Cleansing Brush Head – This brush head is ideal if you have enlarged pores as the graduated dual-action bristles work to flush and dislodge oil and debris. I use this on days when I have a full face of makeup and really want to make sure that I get every bit of it out of my pores! The bristles are still soft on my skin and I love the clean feeling afterwards!
- Acne Cleansing Brush Head – I tend to get acne around that time of the month and use this brush head proactively to help keep my skin clear. The bristles here are super soft and great if your skin is sensitive with existing acne and the plush bristles provide gentle cleansing.
- Alpha Fit Men’s Cleansing Brush Head – I gifted Adrian the Clarisonic Alpha Fit for Father’s Day earlier this year (my post) and he has been a total Clarisonic convert! He’s pretty simple when it comes to a skincare routine but even he has mentioned to me on numerous occasions just how much he loves cleaning with his Clarisonic (he actually forgot to take it on one of his business trips one time and said he was looking forward to coming home to clean his face with his Clarisonic again!). The Alpha Fit has bristles that are more dense as men tend to have more dense skin than women. It’s also especially great if your guy has any sort of facial hair as it really get in there to clean the skin!
- Firming Facial Massage Head – You guys have heard me mention this massage head a couple times now (here and here) and I cannot live without this head! This head isn’t designed for cleansing but yet for massaging. It’s ideal for helping to firm the skin (you can see my before / after) and I can seriously say that my skin has seen a dramatic improvement with this tool (although it does take some time — I saw results after about 8 weeks of regular daily use). It can be used with any Clarisonic device (such as the Mia) although the SMART Profile tool that pairs with it provides more feedback internally to the device as it works against your skin.
- SMART Dynamic Cleansing Brush Head (also here) – Again, this brush head is designed to work with the SMART Profile tool and uses their Clarisonic SMART microchip technology to adjust power, timing, and frequency automatically for a deep and gentle cleanse. It’s shown to cleanse 11x better than with hands alone!
- SMART Revitalizing Cleansing Brush Head – This is like the delicate version of the SMART brush head designed to work with the SMART Profile tool.
- Sonic Foundation Makeup Brush – I only recently added this to my arsenal of Clarisonic brushes and while it’s still a bit too early for me to say if it’s a must-have, I do love that it makes blending my foundation so much easier!
My Skincare Routine for a Beautiful Skin
Since I’ve received questions fairly regularly regarding my skincare, here is my current routine:
- Double Cleanse: pixi Double Cleanse + Clarisonic Mia 2
Regardless of whether or not I have makeup on, I always start with cleansing my skin. I read about the Korean double-cleansing method earlier this year and while I thought it would be overkill at first, it’s something I will always do after I started noticing a difference in my skin. The pixi Double Cleanse jar actually makes the 2-step process so much easier. The first cleansing step involves using an oil-based cleanser to remove makeup, sebum build-up, and pollutants. For this step, I rub on the oil and just use a tissue to wipe off the impurities. The second step uses a water-based cleanser to remove sweat and dirt. I use the Clarisonic Mia 2 here and it’s amazing that I can actually see the additional grime that’s cleansed off in this step right on the Clarisonic brush head!
- Balance: It Cosmetics Miracle Water
This water seriously does it all! I use a few drops on a cotton pad to remove the last bits of eye makeup (as I don’t use my Clarisonic for that). I then apply a few drops on my hands and pat it into my skin as I find it helps my skin feel more balanced instead of tight or dry.
- Tone: pixi Glow Tonic
Another holy grail item that I love and have mentioned on numerous occasions (4 times now!). I love that the tonic contains some glycolic acid as it really works to help my skin glow!
- Tighten + Firm: NeoStrata SKIN ACTIVE Tri-Therapy Lifting Serum
Another product I raved about recently and helps me fight early signs of aging in my skin!
- Retinol: Colleen Rothschild Retinol Supreme Night Oil
I swear by oils as they are amazing for giving my skin the extra moisture that it needs and this product also helps with the anti-aging as it combines their plant-based oils with retinol. I don’t have to worry about Retinol drying out my skin as the oil works together to keep my skin feeling supple.
- Night Cream: Vichy Idealia Skin Sleep Night Recovery
I picked this up a few weeks ago and have been LOVING this cream. It’s formulated with hyaluronic acid to plump my skin while the other nutrients work to stimulate cell renewal. It’s not super thick or heavy and I wake up to more more even skin tone!
- Undereye Cream: The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalizing Eye Cream Gel
My dark circles are always my problem area but this cream has worked wonders! My dark circles have slowly faded and it’s even helped to minimize the wrinkling that I get under my eyes!
- Lip Mask: Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
My lips get super dry at night and especially in the wintertime so this lip sleeping mask has been a lifesaver! It doesn’t feel super heavy or goopy, and even my kids love it when I put it on them before bed!
Also, I know that I get pretty tired myself after putting the kids to bed, so I fit in my skincare routine when the kids are washing up for bed. Even though it’s early in the night, that way I make sure I don’t end up going to bed without having cleansed and moisturized my skin!
Clarisonic is offering some amazing holiday sets and would make a great gift idea! How amazing is this gift set with the Mia 2 + Tatcha Cleansing Oil? There’s also this set that combines the Mia 2 device with a cleansing and foundation brush head! And for those who may already own a Clarisonic, brush head refills or even a Mia travel case for those who travel make great stocking stuffers too! Save 20% through today (12/14/2017) sitewide using code ICCHAT!
I couldn’t live without my Clarisonic so I’m personally giving away a brand-new Clarisonic Mia 2 to one of my readers! Inside is the Mia 2 device, radiance brush head, charging cables, and Clarisonic gel cleanser. Just enter using the widget below!
Clarisonic Mia 2 giveaway
Shop This Post:
I LOVE my Clarisonic it’s an absolute must have in my skincare routine!!
I have heard amazing things about Clairsonic from my friends! I would LOVE to try one out myself.
Lisa Brown says
I have heard many good things about the unit, have not tried it myself, may be helpful.
Rosie A (Heather G) says
I’m really into taking better care of my skin since I hit 40 this year – I would love to have a Clarisonic to ensure a good, deep cleaning and encourage more radiant skin.
I think it’s a cool product. I would love to get one
Kimberly Harrison says
Love it, product looks great. Longs long lasting.
Jessi Malay says
This is such a great gift!! Good luck to everyone entering the giveaway!
I also love my clarisonic! I have definitely noticed a change in my skin but I think I’m going to try some of the other heads you mentioned. Thanks!
I have never tried one but it looks like it leaves your skin fab!
Amanda K says
It looks really like a value buy that leaves your skin feeling soft and clean – would love one
Helena Marz says
I have always wanted to try this product and I need to improve my skin now that I am getting older. I just entered the giveaway! Praying I win! Lol Thanks for sharing❤️
It looks like a really great product! I’ve always wanted to try the Clarisonic Mia!
I love my Clarisonic and use it a few times a week! It works like a charm.
I would love to win a clarisonic. I have heard nothing but good things about them.
The skin care products that you are using looks amazing! And i love the Clarisonic. It increases the absorption of your skincare topicals.
I love the Clarisonic!
I have always wanted to try this! Looks amazing!
Stephanie // A Sparkle Factor says
OMG the IT Miracle Water is my FAVORITE! And the Pixi Glow Tonic… obsessed! These are two of my go-to products too!
Shelby Back says
I need to start using my clarisonic again asap!
I had no idea that they had so many brush heads. What a great cleansing tool!
-xo, Azanique | http://www.lotsofsass.com
James Robert says
I have twin daughters who are 14 and having many acne issues like you said you had. I think this sounds perfect to get them the deep cleaning they most likely need to help this issue out.
Wow that sounds amazing! Love all the different brush heads!
I haven’t had the opportunity of trying it but would love to add it to my skincare routine.
Taylor Mobley says
I am obsessed with my clarisonic. It keeps my skin SO CLEAN.
I am obsessed with my clarisonic!!
carol clark says
high quailty end make up like mac compared to regular like clinque cause what is the difference between them all and whats the best facewash
I’d love to know what your skincare routine is from beginning to end.
Sean C says
I love that it looks like it really cleans your face! If you could talk about what is the best moisturizer especially for really dry harsh winter weather, I’d be happy!
such a great giveaway! i love my clarisonic!
Want to know what your favorite mascara is and how to remove it afterwards!
rana durham says
recipes, beginners guide to beauty is my ideas for you.
I’m definitely becoming more interested in skincare as I’ve gotten older and starting to see fine lines setting in. I would like to hear about your nightly skincare routine and some product recommendations.
Dee Johnson says
I would love to see more natural and organic products.
Crystal D. says
I would love for you to potential include DIY skin care products or comparison between high end/drugstore products.
I’m interested in pretty much everything when it comes to skincare so I will happily read whatever you write, though I’d certainly like to see some comparisons between organic/non-organic products and indie vs established brands.
I love my Clarisonic Mia but had no idea there were that many different types of brush heads. I have a couple but definitely not that many!
Kenya F says
I would love some tips on how to take care of your skin at night. I’m very good for my morning routine but I night I get lazy and just wash off my makeup and that’s it. What do you recommend?
Wendy Forbes says
I am interested in skincare regimen by age groups (20’s, 30’s, 40’s, etc).
Paol Trenny says
I would like to see more on product recommendation for large pores and hyperpigmentation.
Interesting..didn’t realized that there are different types of brush heads out now.
Natalle Chan says
Always heard good things about Clarisonic but never personally tried it. Thank you for sharing your insights.
Christy Peeples DuBois says
I have been wanting a Clarisonic but always delay getting one. I like hearing all things skincare. I like hearing about and reviews of new products and or anything you want to talk about. When I was younger I always wanted color cosmetics but as I get older I am more into skincare. Thanks so much. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.
I really like reading mask/scrub/peel/treatment reviews!
Melissa Storms says
I would like to see reviews of at home facial peels. I have sensitive skin and would love to find one that would work for me.
Dying to get my hands on one of these!
Allie | LunaVida says
I’d love to learn tricks for uneven skin tone/getting rid of scars, as well as cruelty-free and vegan product suggestions 🙂
MJ Moore says
I’d love more device reviews! It can be hard to know what’s worth the hype.
I’d love to learn about derm treatments for under the eye
Stefanie G says
I like to see posts about best products for dry skin or acne! and what is the best night time routine for skin care.
I have a Clarisonic Mia as well and it’s my holy grail skincare product. I have been meaning to get a new head for it for quite some time but can never decide which to try next haha. I guess I’ll have to get a few and see which is my favorite. Thanks for the in-depth descriptions so I know which to purchase!
Anne C says
I like to know more about your favorite moisturizers to use under makeup. And how to wear booties and knee-high boots for petites.
I’ve heard so many great things about Clarisonic. Maybe I should check it out!
@trendyinindy || trendyinindy.com
am always wanting to know more about different skincare products.
I have been dying to try this. I would love this under my Christmas tree!
April | http://www.thebluehydrangeas.com
Michelle Castagne says
I’d like to see skin care for dry skin on the body.
Didn’t know that Clarisonic had so many new brush heads. I used to have one then it died- need to look into getting a new one!
Such a great giveaway! I really need to start taking better care of my skin! Xo
I’ve been wanting to try this for years!
How 2 Wear It  http://how2wearit.com
I think comparisons between top competing brands is helpful.
Can you be my friend and gift me with these please? LOL!
Emily Wilkinson says
I love my Clarisonic!! Works wonders on my skin
I have heard nothing but amazing things about Clarisonic! Might have to add it to my wishlist for Christmas:)
Kelly McGrew says
I like DIY masks & spot treatments, especially those that are all natural. Thanks!
I am always interested in skincare for dry skin. I have such trouble with foundations and concealers not just ending up like chalk on top of my skin.
Lindsey Tanberg says
I’m interested in hearing about different types of moisturizers. From a serum to gel type, I’m all about trying moisturizers that leave my skin healthy,supple and radiant without clogging pores or causing blemishes. Thanks for this fantastic Clarisonic Mia 2 giveaway!
Tammy Woodall says
It would be great to have tips on different products for aging dry skin.
Annamarie V says
I like hearing about new products and if they really work and are worth the money.
Different lip treatments to get them smooth and not as dry.
Tristan Dennington says
These Clarisonic sets would make the best gifts! I don’t know anyone that wouldn’t be thrilled to get one. That cashmere brush head sounds like it would be so soft!
Kayte CookWatts says
I would love to hear some of the products that you have tried that didn’t work out-i have been very curious about Clarisonic because I do have some clogged pores, but I also have pretty sensitive skin- so hearing what your experiance is with it over a longer period of time would be helpful too.
Kathy Davis says
I would like your reviews of products, and any new tools that you try. I would love to hear about deals too.
susan byrne says
I need one of these cleaning brushes! Very cool.
ashley perez says
I am interested in facial cleansers.
This is such a great giveaway because I think it’s easy for us to put our facial needs on hold, especially during the holiday season!
I use the clarisonic too and I love it
Lyndsey R. says
Anything that has to do with fighting aging skin. I am the ripe old age of 35 and my skin is starting to take a toll for the worst.
I know how you feel! I’m 36 now and really started noticing changes in my skin at the end of last year. I’ll be sure to write up a post with a few of my products and tips!
Cynthia Richardson says
I like makeup tutorials
Tina Barker says
I’d love for you to blog more about skincare.
I’m interested in anti aging products treatments.
Terry Stevens says
I would love you to blog about dry skin and aging.
Laurie Nykaza says
Love to read more about natural products to use thanks.
Omgosh I love my Mia 2!! It’s waterproof and travel friendly. I’m actually gifting my sister one.
Iliana | http://www.sophisticatedfashionista.com
Kellyann Rohr says
Thanks for linking up with us for Thursday Moda!
I am OBSESSED with my Clarisonic Mia! I has done amazing things for my skin!
Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. I wish you and your loved ones happy holidays and a happy New Year. Nicole at High Latitude Style
Shelbee on the Edge says
Kileen, thank you for sharing your review of this product. I definitely need to start investigating different skin care routines. I never did much with my skin because I didn’t need to and I always had healthy clear skin. Until I hit my 40’s! Now I am dealing with perimenopausal acne that strikes me every single month with my cycle. I also just started noticing that my skin is becoming much looser than ever before. So I am going to start trying different products soon because I am not liking this skin aging process that I am going through. Thank you so much for linking up with me On the Edge.