This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeBeachBlonde #CollectiveBias
Summer is around the corner and hair is all about looking relaxed, carefree, and even a little messy — basically like you just spent the day at the beach, so beach hair! Personally, I couldn’t be happier that this is the latest trend because, let’s be honest, messy hair is pretty much my default hairstyle now that I have my hands full with two little ones. And another reason why this is my favorite hair style? I can style my hair once and it’ll last a good 2-3 days (basically up until the next time I need to wash my hair). It saves my strands from being over-styled and it gives me time back every morning when I’m already rushing to get the family out the door!
Now, creating the beach hair look is easier than ever and you don’t need a beach in sight! John Frieda has brought back their ever-popular Beach Blonde collection and together these products add that beach texture to hair to make it look piece-y, windblown, and effortlessly undone. While “beach blonde” may have you thinking that the line is made for blondes, it’s actually good for all hair color types!
- Start by washing your hair with the John Frieda Beach Blonde shampoo and conditioner. The Cool Dip Purifying Shampoo removes impurities in the hair and is infused with energizing mint and seaweed extracts. The formula detoxifies for texturized, beachy fullness and is essential in prepping the hair for that tousled look. Similarly, the Smooth Seas Detangling Conditioner nourishes hair and detangles for soft, touchable texture. With naturally fine hair, I love that these products don’t weigh my hair down or leave it looking life-less!
- Once your hair is mostly dry, spray the Sea Waves Sea Salt Spray all throughout. Infused with sea salt, this product gives hair that extra grip and natural roughness needed to create a piecey, windblown look. I’ve had issues with other sea salt sprays making my hair look greasy, but this one leaves a matte finish and has a wonderful coconut scent (like paradise in a bottle!).
- Section off the hair. I divide my hair into two halves from the back and then each of those sections into top / bottom halves (4 sections total).
- Curl 1″ sections of hair away from face, leaving 1″ uncurled at the bottom. I start at the back and work towards the front, wrapping the hair around a 1″ curling wand. I leave the bottom 1″ – 1 1/2″ uncurled as this will create a more casual, carefree look. I hold each strand in place for about 5-7 seconds, just enough to give it a gentle curl. My hair doesn’t hold a curl well, so after I let it out from the wand, I let it rest on my shoulders until it fully cools. I also curl all sections of the hair away from the face but you can alternate directions if you prefer for an even messier look.
- Repeat with the top section of hair and continue the same process with the second side.
- Now that all of your hair is curled, gently tug on the ends of hair to loosen up the curl.
- Spray with Sea Waves Sea Salt Spray again, this time focusing on the hair from the ears and down. This will add that extra piece-y texture to your hair and will keep your roots from looking flat.
- Fingercomb through hair to give it that fully tousled look!
And that’s it! Hopefully you’ll give this quick and easy hairstyle a try and let me know how it works for you!
P.S. In case you missed it:
- Steve Madden Friends & Family Sale – Last day to shop the sale! Get a pair of nude wedges, floral pumps, or quilted espadrilles at 25% off!