I struggled with what to wear this morning. I had picked out an outfit last night, but somehow it just didn’t speak to me this morning. I must have tried on at least 5 different outfit variations before finally arriving at what you’re seeing here. And it was actually serendipitous too. I basically had everything that you’re seeing here, except the scarf. I was debating between adding a cardigan, a blazer, or a belt — and frankly I didn’t like any of those ideas. Then, as I was looking for what shoes to wear, I noticed this scarf on the floor. It was like my eureka moment! The scarf was exactly what I was looking for! It was gifted to me from my grandma over Christmas, and I’m so happy to finally be able to wear it! What an awesome way to start off the day. ^_^
And since it’s Thursday, I wanted to do a special “Awkward and Awesome” post a la Sydney at The Daybook. Here’s my list:
• Going out for sushi and smelling soy sauce for the rest of the nice cause your hair accidentally dipped into the soy sauce/wasabi bowl. *oops*
• Running out of napkins and paper towels in the house and having to use a bath towel to wipe my mouth at dinner.
• Walking into my boss’s office only to find that he’s sitting there with his shoes off. Um, should I come back later?
• My computer tower doubling as both a footrest and a space heater. Nothing beats having warm feet!
• Getting a $500 discount on my wedding pictures. I’m an expert negotiator. Thank you, Asian genes. 🙂
• Just realizing that I have Monday off from work cause it’s MLK Day!! Three-day weekend here I come!
What were your awkward and awesome moments this week?