With the new year in full swing now, I wanted to update my makeup collection with a few new products and wanted to share a super quick and easy makeup tutorial for a neutral eye look that I’ve been wearing non-stop lately. With a new baby on the way any minute now and juggling a 2-year old toddler, I went looking for products that would help me get ready quickly with an easy, classic look that would work for every day!
I ended up finding a couple new items that are absolutely amazing and wanted to share them as part of a super easy classic eye tutorial. There are only 4 products total that you’ll need and it’s usually a look that I can finish in 5 minutes!
mascara, Neutrogena Rapid Dark Circle Repair Eye Cream, Neutrogena Long-Wear Eyeshadow + Built-In Primer in Cocoa Mauve (also here), eyeliner, makeup brushes (tapered blending brush, blending brush, angled eyeliner brush, flat shader brush)
The star of the show is really the new Neutrogena eyeshadow palettes with built-in primer that was recently introduced. I’ve been dealing with some eczema skin issues around my eyes during this pregnancy but I know that Neutrogena is a brand I can trust not to aggravate my condition. I love the idea of a built-in primer as it’s just one less thing to have to fuss about when I’m already in a rush in the mornings. Of the 6 palettes released with this collection, I picked up the one in Cocoa Mauve as it had the perfect mix of colors that were slightly smokey yet still very neutral and classic.
I’ve labeled the different shades and where they were used on my eye in the picture above, but follow the step-by-step tutorial below to recreate this simple look on your own!
From left-to-right, top-to-bottom:
- Start by applying the Neutrogena Rapid Dark Circle Eye Cream to help minimize those dark circles. This eye cream is like a mix of an eye cream and light concealer as the pigment in the cream does help me cover up some of under-eye darkness naturally. On the days that I don’t have time for concealer, this product is a great 2-in-1!
- Using the eyeshadow palette now, apply the lightest color all over the lid using a flat shader brush.
- Using the blending brush, lightly sweep the top brown color right above the crease where the brow bone begins.
- Using the same brush (or a slightly more tapered blending brush), apply the bottom-most color to the inner crease and lightly sweep it into the outer third of the lid. Use your fluffy blending brush and use windshield-wiper motions to gently blend the colors together.
- I will typically apply eyeliner and mascara at this point. Just a single sweep of each is usually enough just to define my eye shape and let the eyeshadow pop. I then will add eyeshadow to the lower lash line just to balance out the upper lid. I use the lid color on the inner 2/3 of the lower lash line and will finish out the outer 1/3 with the darker brown color that’s second from the bottom in the eyeshadow palette.
Meanwhile, if you’re looking to pick up any Neutrogena products, be sure to take advantage of the 10% off coupon on cosmetics and the 5% off coupon on facial skin care that is currently being offered through Target’s Cartwheel app!
I hope you try out this makeup tutorial as it’s so quick and easy! Let me know if you’ve revamped your makeup in the new year or if you’ve tried out any great new products recently too as I’d love to hear your suggestions!
P.S. In case you missed it:
- Ombre Chevron Maxi – Styling this beautiful maxi dress as I wait for baby girl to arrive soon!
JadeLouise Designs says
I am so in love with the natural yet still slightly smokey look! So gorgeous! #client
Prudence Yeo says
Very lovely eye make-up, it looks very natural and classic! Love the fact that this product has a built-in primer too!
Kelsey Wilburn says
oh my goodness, gorgeous makeup!
ladies in navy