The lovely aki from 7% Solution just awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award!! And even though I did win this award previously, I’m so very honored that she chose me again for this award.
Apparently, there are rules for this award (that maybe I missed last time?):
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Award to recently discovered bloggers.
- Contact these bloggers and tell them about this award.
So here we go. Seven things about me:
- About 4 years ago, I got really into sewing. In fact, I sewed the skirt that you’re seeing here. It was my first successful piece of clothing made from a pattern and the first skirt I owned that had no waist gap. Unfortunately I haven’t touched my sewing machine in years now…
- I lived without a TV for about 8 years — sophomore year of college all the way until 2 years ago when I moved in with Adrian (the bf). It started out just being cheap and not wanting to spend money on a tv, then I just kinda got used to it. Needless to say, I ended up watching a lot of YouTube. You’re wondering how I found all those beauty gurus? Now you know.
- I had 2 dogs growing up — a Cocker Spaniel and a German Shepherd. I would’ve sworn to you that I was a dog person. Then, I graduated college and moved into a small apartment where dogs weren’t allowed, so I adopted a cat. Now, I live with 2 cats and would call myself a cat lady. Maybe I’m just an animal lover?
- At least half the white socks I own are from Main Event Entertainment. You know, the free ones you get when you buy a game of bowling? They’re actually one of the few socks that fit me and aren’t kids socks.
- Adrian and I had a chopstick-dexterity contest a couple years ago. The contest was who could pick up the most grains of rice using chopsticks in 2 minutes. I lost 12 to 3. Can I still call myself an Asian?
- I learned how to drive stick shift when I was 16, and I drove an 1976 Mazda Sundowner pick-up truck. That truck was seriously a piece, but I’ve always loved driving manual transmission cars since then. When I was able to buy my first car after college, I chose manual transmission again. Let me tell you, driving stick picks up guys like you wouldn’t believe!
- Um, I’m all out of ideas. But let’s talk movies. I hate scary movies. I still remember the first kinda scary movie that I ever watched: Terminator 2. I had to sleep in my parents’ room for a week cause I was so scared. And now I’m too scared to even watch Black Swan… I’m such a wuss.
And now, I would like to tag the following 2 people: Ramsey of Love, Ramsey and Kristine of Kristine Or Polly. I just recently discovered these 2 blogs but they’re my new daily must reads!
Hope you guys are having a great weekend!
Shop This Look:
- Color Brigade – Don’t forget that Vol 3 will be coming up this Tuesday!
- My BB Dakota tweed jacket is now on sale for $41 shipped with code SKTV25! (thanks DoubleZeroP)
Follow Me | Twitter | Facebook
Ask me anything on FormSpring
#6. LOL! such a funny tip in the end 😉
love the whole look girlie 🙂
Collette Osuna says
Love this!!! Argyle is quickly becoming one of my new favs…Ive always loved it, just finding new ways to "funkify" it, lol….How funny about the TV….I watch MAYBE 2 hours of TV a month….lookin great sweetie!
Stop by and say Hello:)
Vote for me in the ELF Cosmetics Beauty of All Ages Model Search 2011♥
Yes, you can still call yourself an Asian. 🙂
My brother tried to teach me how to drive a stick shift and that didn't work out too well for me. I still can't do it. They're scary to me!
I love this outfit on you, the pop of red in the belt is great!
Jen HaHA says
Love the pink argyle! Very sweet. I want tongi TVless. I mean who has time for TV when there's blogging to do?
Jen Hemming and Hawing Again
You learned how to drive a stick shift at 16?! Impressive! I'm 19 and all I drive are motorcycles. Which I prefer to cars! You look gorgeous by the way, those shoes and your legs are TO DIE for!
Pixie in Pumps says
that skirt is incredible. I'm so impressed you made it! I wish I could sew, i really need to get on learning that.
And I too am terrified of scary movies. Independence Day scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. And the only horror movie i ever sat through was Urban Legends and I didn't sleep well for weeks, literally.
love this outfit! you look stunning kileen. you did a great job on the skirt!
The Little Dust Princess says
I haven't seen argyle in a while, but you wear it very well! And regarding driving manual…I TOTALLY agree on how it's a guy-magnet type of skill. LOL
xx The Little Dust Princess
I'm scared of scary movies too! I had no idea that Black Swan is a "thriller" until my friend told me just a few seconds before the movie started. I didn't know what "thriller" meant so I thought about Michael Jackson's song…then I understood…scary stuff! At all the "scary" scene, I just looked down and watched the top of people's heads during those scenes….I was also very confused during the movie too! What a waste.
Yay! I'm so glad you know how yo drive stick shift. I think it is like a MUST KNOW for all women. My boyfriend taught me how to drive stick shift when I was 17 and I hated it since we live in a REALLY hilly city and I'm so scared of rolling backwards…I guess I just need more practice.
Just Better Together is having a giveaway!
A La Mode et Plus! says
I love your argyle sweater! I think that pattern always looks so elegant. And I totally understand what you mean about just being an animal lover! I've never had a dog but always considered myself a dog person but now I have cats and can't imagine life without them 🙂
Love the sweater. Great outfit 🙂
I went without tv for 6 months, it was ok but felt much better when it was back.
You know I am a big fan of argyle
I love how you paired it with this skirt and I am loving those shoes
Fun to get to know you better
Come Enter My B'day Give Away
Fruity Lashes says
love the outfit and the spirit behind it =)
btw, i'm having a contest/giveaway on my blog if you're interested. http://www.fruitylashes.com
I love learning a bit more about you! The skirt looks great and it looks like you got it from the store! =)
Love this outfit. I don't usually care for patterned tights, but I really like these on you with the outfit. The perfect compliment to the sweater and skirt!
Thanks so much for tagging me girl! I'm so glad I found your blog 😀 Aaand I totally can live without TV, too. I go weeks without watching it!
Linda W says
You made that skirt?! Impressive!!! I am about to buy my first sewing machine. I might need to ask you for tips!
The Auspicious Life
Oh, I am so glad you posted the link to that BB Dakota jacket! I have been hunting for one EVERYWHERE. Thanks, Kileen!
You should sew again! That skirt fits your waist so perfectly! You have the best shoe collection and must get quite the gam workout 🙂
Natasha xoxo says
Thoes shoes are so lovely! I've been purchasing a lot of suede lately 🙂
No tv? Aaah!! That's my nightmare. (Oh, how shallow I must sound.) Ha. 🙂
You look so lovely in pink! And I love that you added the unexpected touch of red with that skinny belt! Sooo STYLISH!
My Heart Blogged says
I have always wanted to sew. I did a little in high school, and loved it. I own two sewing machines, and I can't get them work. It seems like it would be rewarding.
My Heart Blogged – Fashion Blogging
hi, you look so lovely!
you have a nice blog, like to watch your outfits so i follow you, feel free to follow mine
Thank ya doll! I was really into sewing for a little while too…I seriously need to pull my machine out again! Classy outfit girl!
You always have the most awesome shoes…I wish I could walk in heels that high as often as you do 🙂
a woman's right to shoes says
I seriously love the skirt and the shoes! They are fabulous! And I don't like scary movies either.
Thanks for sharing Kileen! It's so nice to know more things about you:)
And loving the sweater- so adorable!
A Girl in Pearls says
I love Ramsey's blog! 🙂
Cute outfit!! Love the pearls!
Amy Fashion Blog says
super Cute shoe.
those heels!! i'm in love! great look!
I knew I'd seen that award somewhere before! I guess it was on your blog. Haha. Thanks for accepting it anyways.
mello yello jen says
You made that skirt?! No way! I couldnt believe it when I saw DIY and then continued reading and saw you made the whole thing, very impressive! Love the outfit, brown and pink is such a perfect combo.
And your random facts are great! The chopstick-dexterity one made me chuckle!