OTK (Over-The-Knee) boots are super hot this fall and I’ve been on the lookout for a good pair for a few weeks now. When I saw that Forever 21 had some on their website, I immediately placed an order! For me, I try to go to Forever 21 to buy super trendy items as I know that I won’t have to spend a fortune for the latest styles that may not be en vogue come next season.
I purchased the Matte Leatherette Boots from their website in a size 6 at the bargain price of $39.80. Here’s the product description from their website:
Matte textured leatherette over the knee boots with inner side zipper and elastic back for comfort.
– 4.6″ approx. heel height, 22″ approx. shaft height, 15″ approx. shaft opening
– Upper: 100% pu, insole: 100% pu, outsole: 100% pvc
- Unfortunately for me, these boots were way too tall and went up on my thigh much more than I wanted.
- Even if I wore these over leggings, I wouldn’t be wearing a top that would be this short as it would barely cover my bum at this length!
|No leggings here. Just the dress with the boots underneath.|
|This is how much I need to pull up
my skirt in order to see the top of the boot!
|Scandalously short dress!|
- The leather on the boots is actually very slouchy and not as sleek as I would have hoped. You can see some definite bunching of the material along the entire length of the boot shaft.
- The boots also fit too tightly for me to wear them over jeans. It would have to be worn alone or with leggings only. Simply not versatile enough!
|So much bunching around the ankle!|
|More bunching around the knee.|
|Too tight in the thigh area to wear over jeans.|
- Overall: No good. I will be returning these boots as they just weren’t wearable for me. I think if you have long, lean legs then you could pull off these boots.
|If only I had longer legs… 🙂|
|These would actually be cute if the
material were more sleek and smooth.
In the meantime, I’m wondering if OTK boots were really made for petite girls who don’t have long legs. I beginning to doubt that I have enough leg to wear these boots!
What do you guys think? Can petite girls pull off the OTK boot look? Should I be looking for boots that hit right at the knee instead?