- Section off about 2″ of hair where you want the braid to start. You’ll want a decent chunk of hair as this will be the first pouf that will be created. Secure with elastic.
- Secure another 2″ section of hair directly below the first.
- Take the first secured section and split the hair into two.
- Take the second section and pull it up in between the top section that was split. Clip it off to the side.
- Take the split hair and add additional hair from each side. Secure in place with another elastic.
- Release the previously clipped hair and this section now becomes the top section that is then split apart while the bottom secured section is pulled up in between and clipped off to the side.
- Continue adding hair to each section of hair that is tied until you reach the nape of your neck. At this point just continue the same process but don’t add any more hair.
- Once you reach the bottom of your hair, secure it with an elastic.
- Now to “puff up” the braid. I prefer working from the bottom up and gently pull each section out so that it has more volume. As each section is pulled out, the hair should also now cover up the majority of the elastic too! Continue working up to the top of the braid and even out each section as you go.
- That’s it!
What do you think of my pull through side braid tutorial? How did it turn out for you?
P.S. In case you missed it:
- Instagram Roundup – Some of my favorite looks that I shared on Instagram!