Mei turned 2 at the end of January and I just can’t believe how much faster it seems time flies by now with two kids! And even with these two little ones, what surprises me the most is just how different they are — polar opposites in many cases! I don’t get to share enough about Mei on this blog so I thought I’d use this opportunity to capture a few things about her:
- Obsessed with balls. “Ball” was one of the first words she learned to say and ever since she was a baby, she was obsessed with all things balls. She will go around collecting every ball of every size that she can find and carry them with her for hours. We also discovered last weekend at Dylan’s t-ball practice that this girl has quite the throwing arm!
- Cat Lady in the making! Mei’s other favorites include cats, bunnies and princesses. She has strong opinions about what she wears and literally if it doesn’t have one of these 3 things, she’ll refuse to wear it!
- Accessory lover. Mei has always loved accessorizing herself and has always grabbed my bags / bracelets to wear on herself! She even will take hair ties and wrap them around her wrist.
- Favorite foods include corn (“coo”), noodles (“noo noo”), banana (“nana”), and roasted / steamed baby carrots.
- Cheesiest smile. If you ask Mei to smile, she’ll give you the cutest underbite smile even though she doesn’t naturally have an underbite!
- Hates vacuum cleaners. All the way up until she was about 1 year old, Mei didn’t care one way or the other about the vacuum cleaner but then something switched and she started being scared every time she would hear the noise. Now she’s even afraid of our Roomba and dust buster.
You can probably tell from above that Mei is quite the fashion diva! She also insists on getting dressed by herself, especially when it comes to her shoes! I picked up these Stride Rite shoes after learning about their Soft Motion line. The soft motion shoes are built with baby’s feet in mind with rounded soles to improve balance, memory foam for comfort and oversize openings for “easy-on” – they’re not just mini-adult shoes. While we’ve always loved Stride Rite for their durable and comfortable shoes, I’m especially sold on the Soft Motion line for helping those little ones that are still learning to walk and run (Mei is just at the learning to run stage and it’s the cutest little fast-pace toddling, lol!). These Mary Janes were “approved by Mei” and she’s been wearing these soft motion shoes non-stop everywhere we go! She loves knowing that she can put them on without any help (thank you oversize openings!) and I love that these soft motion shoes are actually helping her develop proficiency being on her feet.
I’ve linked up to a few other Soft Motion favorites for both girls and boys below (be sure to take advantage of their Buy 1, Get 1 40% Off sale right now!):
In contrast to most shoes that have a hard rigid soles, the Soft Motion line has smooth flexible bottoms — the curves allow kids to rock back and forth without falling, while the flexibility lets them feel the ground beneath them. It’s so important for little ones who are still learning to be stable on their feet and it encourages their natural tendency to move too. Stride Rite soft motion shoes also always stay on my kids’ feet — if you’re a parent you know how annoying it can quickly get when you’re constantly picking up shoes that have fallen off and putting them back on throughout the day! Stride Rite shoes run true to size (sizing chart reference) and there’s always free shipping and returns!
Our little Mei is such a joy! I feel like we’ve lucked out so far with the “terrible twos” in her case but I’m sure she’s just saving up the drama for her teenage years!
Shop This Post:
Thank you so much for supporting that brands that support this blog!