Top: Ro & De Surplice Top c/o Nordstrom (buy, similar) // Bottom: J. Crew No. 2 Pencil Skirt (buy, similar) // Belt: Ann Taylor (old) (similar) // Scarf: Vera Bradley Wool Scarf in Olivia Pink (buy) // Bag: Vieta ‘Lucille’ c/o TJMaxx (similar) // Shoes: Sole Society ‘Anneke’ (buy, more sizes in yellow – my SS invite) // Watch: Michael Kors ‘Lexington’ MK5556 (buy) // Earrings: Ann Taylor (old) (similar)
The past couple of days have been amazing. Our cold front lightened up to a perfect mid-70s degree weather and it had me in good spirits all weekend long.
I spent most of Saturday up in Frisco hosting the InStyle x Vera Bradley event and it was so much fun! I had to carefully decide what to wear to the event and decided to dress professional but colorful, with a fun pop of print from the scarf. I love having a statement piece in every outfit and the scarf was definitely the highlight of the look. This Olivia Pink print is definitely one of my favorites of the Vera Bradley line and the green / pink combination couldn’t be more perfect for Fall!
As for the event itself, I had a blast! There were catered treats from Nothing Bundt Cakes as well as an amazing DJ who spun some lively beats that even had people dancing the cupid shuffle in store!
I styled 3 mannequins head-to-toe with clothes from my own closet matched with various Vera Bradley accessories. I know that many people might think that with the colorful Vera Bradley items, it can be hard to mix in additional prints in their outfit. And so, in each of my outfits, I purposefully chose to add in a multiple prints just to provide some ideas on how to mix and match different patterns and still look put together!
A quick breakdown of each of my looks (from left to right):
- Mommy – This is the look for those moms out there. As a first-time mom to a 15-month old myself, I wanted to showcase the fact that Vera Bradley has amazing diaper bags and baby items (I’m seriously dying over this onesie in Tutti Frutti and these booties in Lola — if only I had a girl!). My look incorporates the Convertible Baby Bag which is my favorite as you can wear crossbody, over your shoulder, on your arm, or even as a backpack! I also added this Vera Bradley cell phone in Go Wild case as I know I can’t leave home without it.
- Casual Weekender – I chose an easy fall transition outfit that features a statement scarf (love the fringe detail!) paired with this jewel-toned Puffy Reversible Tote in berry. The outfit is fun and colorful yet so practical for a day of errands around town!
- Business Casual – This look is for those wanting to incoporate prints in their outfit for a workplace environment. The Vera Bradley bittersweet print is one of my absolute faves and this Buckle Tote is perfect for carrying a laptop and the bubble umbrella in the matching print is so cute!
A few more scenes from the event!
|The amazing DJ Sheka Booker|
|Treats from Nothing Bundt Cakes and water wrapped in Vera Bradley print!|
I also wanted to say a HUGE thank you to those of you who made it out to the event! There was amazing turnout and being able to connect and make new friends is really what makes blogging worthwhile and I really appreciate all the support! I hope to be seeing you all again soon!
Shop My Look:
* Linking up to Trend Spin!
P.S. In case you missed it:
- Polka Dots + Green Statement Necklace – Adding a green color pop!
Your scarf is gorgeous, I love the print! The Vera Bradley event looked like so much fun!
Thanks! The pleated skirt is from Windsor Store from a couple years ago but pleated skirts are all the rage so you can probably find something similar in stores now.