I think it’s commonly accepted that white pants after Labor Day are not a big deal anymore. And while I may wear these white skinnies more often in the summertime, I definitely plan on mixing them into outfits all year long. I wanted to share a few of my tips on how to transition white jeans so that they’re more appropriate in the cooler months. Even though you may not be breaking fashion “rules” anymore, no one wants to stick out like a sore thumb right?
Here are my simple strategies for making white jeans appropriate for Fall/Winter:
- Pair with jewel tones
- Jewel tones are the easiest way to transition your summer wardrobe into fall– think emerald greens, turquoise blues, and amethyst purples. These darker colors are rich in pigment and are perfectly suited for the changing fall foliage as well. I love this cobalt blue top paired with the teal green/blue pumps as they add a wonderful depth of color to the white jeans.
- Switch to a darker-colored bag
- One of my favorite bags ever is my cream colored satchel, but to make this look a bit more fall appropriate, I swapped it out for a classic black tote. You can definitely play around with color options here — maroon, navy, espresso, even shiny metallic would be great!
- Layer with jackets and vests
- This option isn’t shown in my outfit today, but I’m already thinking up outfits with different blazers and vests to pair with these white jeans to make them more Fall appropriate. Jean jackets, cargo vests, swing blazers — I can’t wait to wear them all!
~ Outfit ~
P.S. In case you missed it:
- In Full Bloom – A bright floral look!
I've been looking for a pair of white jeans for a while. white is hard because it widens body shapes, gets dirty easity, and can be see-through even in denim fabric. looks great on you! white jeans are now on my wishlist!
I loves these tips. I have been one to always say no to white after labor day but
i might just have to give it another try.
You are SO darling!! Just found you through the link-up 🙂
I love the peplum and those heels are gorgeous!
Van at Botanical Curator says
You look great. Blue is your color. I like the studs and black outline to your peplum top.
Yes, totally fine to wear white whenever 🙂 I'd love to know who made up that silly rule! Love your outfit!
My blog says it all, "No rules apply". Looking so fab lady.
I love the look of white pants but haven't actually owned any since I was in college! I should make them a must for spring, unless I can find some on sale now…
You look great in that peplum top!
you look so pretty! love the white and blue styled this way 🙂
C's Evolution of Style
John Marine says
I think the most people who are with the "no white after Labor Day or before Memorial Day" are mostly the ones in snowy locales or in places where snow is common. You surely and proudly wear your white jeans like any other sort of garment. I like this Cobalt Blue top as well as the teal high-heel pumps.
thank you, John! good point about the snowy locales being the reasoning behind no white after Labor Day. I definitely do avoid white jeans when it's raining for probably the same reason. 🙂
Lauren O'Neill says
This is a great look with white jeans! The cobalt top really stands out against the bright white!
Exploring My Style
Paring white jeans with an autumnal color pallet is a great way to keep on wearing them. I never wear jeans in the summer, so I style my white denim fall/winter/spring and have never cared about any silly fashion 'rule'.
They look gorgeous!
You looks gorgeous ! your dress , bag and shoes all looks stylish and beautiful..