Scarf: Sole Society Exotic Printed Scarf – restocked!! (similar, similar)
Top: J.Crew Point Sur Pointelle Sweater (XS) – extra 50% off! (similar)
Belt: Gucci Double G (75)
Bottom: Express High-Waisted Denim Perfect Leggings (oo-short / size down)
Shoes: Stuart Weitzman ‘Lowland’ OTK Boots (5 / size down) – (similar under $100, similar)
Sunglasses: Gucci GG0106S (Amazon dupe)
Earrings: Gold Hammered Teardrops
Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and it’s always a fun excuse to go out and do something fun! So, I’m rounding up 15 things to do in Dallas for Valentine’s Day this year. I’ve broken it out into different categories so no worries if you’re not looking for something romantic as I’ve also included categories such as adventurous, fun, and foodie! Be sure to bookmark this page even if it’s just for future date-night ideas too!
Things to do in Dallas for Valentine’s Day
- chocolate tour – The best way to someone’s heart is through their stomach, am I right? 😆 Dallas By Chocolate is a way for you to indulge your sweet tooth and enjoy a 3-hour tour of Dallas’ to chocolatiers. Bring your own wine and be prepared to learn about chocolate history as well as try samples galore!
- UTA planetarium – I only recently learned that the University of TX at Arlington has a planetarium and there’s even a special Valentine’s Day event! Look into the starry sky and enjoy the evening with someone special.
- gondola tour – Get a taste of Italy in a private gondola tour of Dallas while enjoying chocolates and a beverage of your choice.
- brewery tour / mezcal tasting / wine tasting– Now that “dry January” is over, it’s time to enjoy drink or two! When it comes to breweries, I’ve personally been to Four Corners, but have also heard great things about Deep Ellum Brewery. Meanwhile, I had a friend who did a Mezcal tasting last weekend and had rave reviews — definitely something that I’ve now added to my list of date night ideas! And finally, if you’re more of a wine girl, be sure to check out Grapevine Wine Tours — it’s an award-winning winery located right here in the Dallas area!
Fun Date-Night Ideas
- arcade + bar – I love the concept of mixing an old-school arcade with a bar! Play some pinball or have a friendly competition over some Mario — check out fun places such as Regeneration Arcade Bar if you’re in North Dallas and Bishop Ciderade if you’re closer to the Bishop Arts District.
- improv show – Get a good laugh in with some improv comedy and check out the many shows at Dallas Comedy House! I actually have several co-workers who perform there and y’all, these guys put in so much work. There are performances every night and it’s a great way to unwind from a long day with something funny!
- craft + drink upstairs circus – You may have heard of those wine + paint places but this is a new spin on the concept where you get to craft! Upstairs Circus is a new spot that opened up in Deep Ellum and they have class offerings such as making jewelry hangers, serving trays, and concrete coasters.
- murder mystery dinner – Enjoy your meal with a show when you sign up for a fun murder mystery dinner! I haven’t done one of these in a loooong time so it’s back on our own date-night ideas list.
- helicopter ride – Adrian and I have done a helicopter ride while on vacation and it’s been one of the most unforgettable experiences. I recently picked up this Groupon for a helicopter ride in Dallas that also includes a dinner — can’t wait to report back but it’s definitely “dinner with a view” at a whole other level!
- axe throwing – Nothing like getting romantic with your S.O than by throwing an axe right? 😄 But really, it’s actually super fun to try something new together and axe throwing is something that you’ll both love talking about for years later!
- acroyoga – Get into stretchy pants and sign up for a fun acroyoga class where you get to combine yoga poses with some fun acrobatics! I’ve done this a few times with Adrian and we have so much fun together.
Foodie Date-Night Ideas
- go out for dessert – Enjoy something sweet and check out one of Dallas’ unique dessert spots! My favorites include Emporium Pies (they have a Dr Love red velvet chess pie that’s perfect for Valentines!) or Botolino Gelato Artigianale, a spot that’s acclaimed to have the best gelato in Dallas!
- omakase at Uchi – Adrian and I had a double date here a few years ago and still, we talk about how it’s been one of the best dinner experiences we’ve ever had. If you’ve never had “omakase” before, it’s essentially where you leave it up to the chef to determine what you’re eating! It’s an incredible way to try something new and be sure to google if there’s a Japanese restaurant in your area that offers omakase!
- purepecha – I only recently learned of this place but HIGHLY recommend!! Purepecha is a bit of a “secret spot” restaurant located in the backroom of Revolver Taco and similar to the omakase style mentioned above, you have a dinner where you let the chef determine your food (you are given the opportunity to let them know any particular foods you don’t eat, of course). We had some of the most incredible authentic food and the entire intimate experience with the chef was unreal!
- cooking class – It’s always fun to be in the driver’s seat when it comes to changing up your usual dinner date night! Adrian and I have done a few cooking classes at Central Market and Sur La Table, but next on my list include trying out some AirBnb Experiences such as Korean home-cooking and an Art of Pho cooking class!
bookmark this page!
There are countless different ways to enjoy Valentine’s Day a little differently. Hopefully this list gives you some ideas and lets you try something new and exciting with your s.o!
Are you doing anything for Valentine’s Day? Which of these things to do in Dallas for Valentine’s Day sound most exciting to you? Let me know in a comment below!
Shop This Post
Michelle Jolene says
All of this sounds super fun and I love how you broke it down into categories. I’m really looking forward to Valentine’s Day this year.
So Cute! Perfect for valentines day!
these are all SUCH great ideas!! my sister lives in Dallas, so i will have to pass this list onto her! We are staying in this year and going to the symphony on SAturday. have a fab holiday.
xx rebecca // http://www.rebeccapiersol.me
Great insight on things to do in and around (and above) Dallas! The next time I’m in town I’ll check out a few of these spots!
Kait | Slumber & Scones says
I’ve never been to Dallas but it sounds like there’s plenty to do there this weekend! I think a cooking class or chocolate tour would be really fun Valentine’s Day dates, or just fun activities whenever.
Love the murder mystery dinner idea- so fun!
Kelsey Harmony says
Scarfs are my favorite! I love the look you are wearing in this post with the long flowy scarf, so fun for date night!
Anna English says
I’ve always wanted to do a cooking class, that sounds fun!
Jennifer Prince says
I love the idea of a cooking class. Acroyoga would be a hoot – I don’t know if we could do it. Ha! Such a fun list.
That red dress! Stunning!!! The Gondola adventure has my vote!
Ashley R says
I have always wanted to try axe throwing. A good way to be competitive and also take out some aggression.
I love these ideas. The helicopter ride would be so romantic and unique. 😃
Mmmm sign me up for the chocolate tasting! These are all such fun ideas & im loving your Valentine’s Day looks!
I swear these are the most creative date ideas I’ve read so far! I definitely want to bookmark this so my husband and I can plan some fun events together. Thanks for the inspiration!
Azanique Rawl says
We did a murder mystery dinner for NYE but I never thought about doing one for Valentine’s Day! Love all these suggestions 🙂
-xo, Azanique | https://www.lotsofsass.com
Sarah Lindner says
Love Italy so I think I would be all about the gondola tour! All great ideas! xoxo, Sarah
The planetarium is such a fun idea for a date!
Laura Leigh says
The planetarium would be such a fun date!! I absolutely love that idea!
xo Laura Leigh
Superb article, man!! you are really included a real advance area of knowledge I expect for may days. Hope you more article on it creates & let us to see.
Gelato Gourmet says
We scoop happiness in every cup of gelato, design dreams in every cup of coffee, and serve memories in every piece of cake. Visit to http://www.gelatosgourmet.com for the best of Gelato Recipes, Blogs, and Ideas only with Gelato Gourmet.