Thank you to Fage for sponsoring this yogurt bark with berries post. All opinions are 100% honest and my own.
Hello! Summer is rolling right along and I can’t believe we’re almost at the end of June. I’ve loved having the kids at home and the longer days have meant that we’ve been able to pack in so much more fun into the day! To help power us through the day, I need to make sure my fridge is stocked with some healthy snack options. A recipe that I’ve actually been making the past few weeks is a super simple yogurt bark with berries — I love that it’s a nutritious treat that’s packed with probiotics and protein, plus takes only 5 minutes of actual prep time!
I’ve always been lactose-intolerant, so when I discovered that Fage came out with a Best Self line of yogurts that skips the lactose yet still packs the rich flavor and creamy texture that I’ve always loved from their Greek yogurts, I could not have been more ecstatic! Each serving of Fage BestSelf Lactose Free Plain Greek yogurt has an impressive 15g protein and 5g sugar and 110 calories. Fage Best Self yogurts have become my go-to afternoon snack of choice, and now that the kids are at home, jazzing up my Fage BestSelf yogurt to make a yogurt berry bark has made for the perfect afternoon pick-me-up that we all look forward to!
HOW TO MAKE YOGURT BARK
The steps are super easy — if you have kids, you can definitely have them help out and/or do it together!
- 32 oz Fage BestSelf yogurt (I use plain flavor)
- 1/4 cup honey (feel free to substitute maple syrup or agave, if preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh strawberries, berries
- granola or nuts (optional but I love the crunch!)
- Line a sheet pan with parchment or wax paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yogurt, honey, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Spread yogurt mixture to sheet pan and spread evening — I used a spatula to evenly distribute.
- Top with blueberries and strawberries, as desired.
- Sprinkle granola and nuts all throughout. If any land on top of the fruit, move slightly so that they are immersed in the yogurt.
- Freeze until solid.
- Remove and cut into squares. Enjoy!
Can we just pause to appreciate how beautiful the yogurt bark looks? Almost too pretty to eat! And once you do take a bite of the yogurt berry bark, you’ll be floored at how delicious each bite is! Plus, you can feel good knowing that this is a snack that’s good for you too! Fage BestSelf yogurt is made with 100% natural ingredients and because it’s lactose-free, I don’t have any of the bloating side effects that potentially happen with other dairy products.
This is also a recipe that you can really get creative with! Experiment with topping and even different flavored yogurts — Fage BestSelf yogurtts also comes in vanilla, peach, blueberry, and strawberry. Give this easy recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Have you tried Fage BestSelf yogurt yet?
Leave a Reply