I’ve never actually layered a sweater over a dress before, but after seeing on Kendi several times, I was inspired. So I layered my simple Gap sweater over one of my favorite Lulu dresses, threw on a belt and tights… and voila! I actually really like this outfit creation. So speaking of outfits creations, it’s actually the theme of this week’s Friend Friday post. So without further ado…
1. How do you determine what you will wear that day?
Lately I’ve started planning out my outfits the night before as I’ve found that it usually results in better outfit combinations the next morning. I start with a certain article of clothing in mind and kinda work my way from there.
2. Do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month, weekend?
I plan just for the next day. I don’t think there’s any way I could plan for anything longer than that as I’m as fickle as girls come and change my mind everyday about what I like!
3. Do you have any specific way of tracking outfits and items already worn so you don’t repeat?
I have an idea in my head of outfits that I’ve worn before. Thank goodness I’m still kinda young and have a good memory. ^_^
4. How do you discover new combinations of items in your closet?
(Trial try-ons? Hanging items together?)
Once I pick out one of the items that I’m going to wear, I usually with take it by the hanger and walk around my closet trying to figure out what to wear with it. It’s like a match-making process. Once I do find the items, then I’ll hang them all up to see how I like it. And then I’ll just kinda squint my eyes and try to picture how it’ll look on me the next day.
5. To streamline the process for 2011 what is one new thing you can do
to cut down your dressing time?
One of my closet resolutions is to find more versatile pieces that can go with everything. Hopefully then the match-making process will come easier!
Please check out Katy at ModlyChic to read the rest of the Friend Friday responses!
- DFW Blogger Meetup – Feb 26! Please sign up!
- Color Brigade Vol 1 – 11 entries and counting! Check ’em out!
- 2011 Bloggie Awards – please nominate cute and little for best new blog of 2010!