Ever since I became pregnant a few years ago with my first baby, I started taking a closer look at all the various products I was using in my daily life. I made a concerted effort to overhaul my beauty regimen so that I used only products that are pure and clean, without any of the nasty additions such as harsh chemical sulfates, parabens, petrolatum, dyes, or phthalates. While it used to be harder to find products that supported my mission, it’s now becoming more widely available even drugstore brands are catching on to this trend!
One of my favorite brands (and one that I’ve trusted for years and years!) is Neutrogena and I love their Naturals line as it leverages plant-derived ingredients to deliver real results as well as a wonderful aesthetic experience. If you’ve never tried the line before, one of the first things you’ll realize is how wonderful everything smells!
Let’s start off with my favorite product from the line, the makeup remover cleansing towelettes. I’m very picky when it comes to picking these kinds of wipes as I need something that removes even the most stubborn of eye makeup yet is still gentle on my skin and doesn’t leave me feeling greasy or dry. The Neutrogena Naturals purifying wipes are super soft and it can seriously remove even my waterproof mascara without requiring me to scrub. I keep these by my nursing table and love that I don’t have to rinse afterwards; I can just clean off my makeup for the day while putting my baby to sleep and am left with just clean, refreshed skin!
When I do get a chance to wash my face over the skin, I’ve been loving the Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser. It’s formulated with naturally derived ingredients like coconut, corn, willow bark, and guar bean and even has salicylic acid to prevent any hormonal acne from popping up!
And finally, I finish up with the Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Moisturizer. It has a pleasant citrus scent that I really look forward to and it provides amazing moisture that lasts for hours! Fortified with vitamins B, C, E, and antioxidant omega bionutrients, the cream is even proven to boost skin’s defense against dullness and roughness.
It’s nice to know that we can make simple changes in our life to switch to products that are more natural and eco-friendly. Neutrogena Naturals even recently changed up their website so that it’s powered by Green Server, a sun-fueled and wind-powered server that only uses renewable energy! All of their packaging is also made from 100% recycled paper that use 70% less water in processing than virgin paperboard packaging. I love that by supporting Neutrogena, I’m supporting a brand that is actively taking steps to take care of our environment!
For a few beauty tips from Neutrogena Brand Ambassador Kristen Bell:
- As told to InStyle.com: “The shifts I’ve made towards being more eco-friendly aren’t monumental, and they don’t have to be a total overhaul. It shouldn’t scare people. For example, I try to limit my showers to 3 minutes; one long song and you’re done. I do 4 things in the shower: I use soap, shampoo, conditioner, and brush my teeth. Most of the time, it’s all done simultaneously!”
- As told to PopSugar.com: “I really like the Neutrogena Naturals line because there’s a minimal amount of ingredients. It’s really pure and natural. I live by the Purifying Facial Cleanser — I use it every single night. I use it either with my fingertips or a little wooden natural bristle brush, and then I use the Multivitamin Nourishing Moisturizer. And that’s pretty much it.”
- As told to UsMagazine.com: “I always wash my face before I go to bed with the Naturals cleanser….Consistency and simplicity is what my skin really, really responds to.”
Be sure to check out the Neutrogena Naturals collection the next time you’re at your local Target!
P.S. In case you missed it:
- Soft Pinks + Easy Greys for Spring – A feminine color palette to transition into the new season!
- Preppy Tweed – Enter my Plum Society giveaway!
Leave a Reply