a few skincare favorites
dermalogica hydrating masque | foreo ufo | foreo masks | glopro microneedling
dermalogica overnight repair serum | dr. dennis gross ferulic + retinol
nuface 24k gel primer | nuface triniti | elemis superfood mask | elemis collagen oil
The Sephora Spring Sale is happening!! This is one of my favorite sales of the year (it only happens twice!) and it’s the time to stock up on favorites as well as try out a few new products that you’ve been wondering about. The sale does require that you’ll need to sign up to be a Sephora Beauty Insider but it’s completely FREE and of course, you get perks all throughout the year (including a free gift on your birthday!).
Here are the key dates you’ll want to remember when shopping the Sephora Spring Savings Event as dates and savings are broken down based on your Sephora spend level:
Rouge Early Access: April 17 – May 1 // 20% of with code SPRINGSAVE
VIB: April 21 – April 29 // 15% off with code SPRINGSAVE
Beauty Insider: April 23 – April 27 // 10% off with code SPRINGSAVE
image is clickable!
I’ve broken down my favorite, tried-and-true picks from every category to make it easier to shop. There are 6 categories in total: tools, makeup, skincare, hair, body, and wellness.
2020 Sephora Spring Sale
1. CLARISONIC MIA FACIAL CLEANSING DEVICE – The Clarisonic cleansing brush was the very first beauty tool I ever bought nearly 10 years ago, and it’s still been a staple that I use everyday (see different ways that I use it for anti-aging!). This Clarisonic Mia SmartAnti-Aging Brush has been coming in and out of stock during the sale, so grab it if you see it available! Meanwhile, it’s also a great time to stock up on your brush heads — my personal favorite is the deep pore cleansing one and have found that it’s still gentle enough to use every night as I get ready for bed. On a side note, download and use the Clarisonic app as I’ve been loving the suggestions on how to firm and contour using the device as well!
2. FOREO UFO SMART MASK DEVICE – I picked up this smart mask device last year during the Sephora sale and it’s been one of my favorite easy ways to mask effectively (especially mid-week when I’m usually too frazzled from a long day of work to think much about masking!). This device has a mobile app that scans in the barcode of the mask (my fave is the Call It A Night) and it guides you through a 90-second masking treatment with heating, cooling, and T-sonic pulsations — it’s absolutely luxurious and it’s the best kind of mini at-home spa moment!
3. GLOPRO MICRONEEDLING DEVICE – Another amazing tool that I use 2-3 times a week and this microneedling tool really helps my skin products penetrate my skin. I don’t see any redness or irritation afterwards and it only takes a few seconds for results that I can see!
4. NUFACE TRINITI FACIAL TONING DEVICE – I first mentioned this tool in 2014 and this is another that I still use every night after applying my serums. Again, this is another one where I recommend having the app as it guides you through different treatment options — I usually just do the 5-minute facelift. I recommend picking up the NuFace 24k Gold Primer Gel to use along with as it doubles up as a great anti-aging serum!
5. DR. DENNIS GROSS FERULIC ACID + RETINOL BRIGHTENING SERUM – I picked this up about a year ago and it is truly a miracle in a bottle. It was my first time trying Dr. Dennis Gross and I am a whole-hearted believer in the combination of ferulic acid and retinol to transform the skin!
6. FARMACY MAKEUP REMOVER – I just picked up this makeup remover recently and omg, I’ve never experienced a cleanser of any sort like this one. It’s not greasy or oily, yet is incredibly effective in removing even the most stubborn eyeliner and mascara. Bonus, it smells absolutely amazing too!
7. DERMALOGICA DAILY MICROFOLIANT – You guys know I’m a die-hard Dermalogica lover and their microfoliant is a top pick of mine (it’s also a Dermalogica bestseller!). And even though I know this product does say “daily”, I actually only use mine every other day to avoid too much abrasion on my skin.
8. FRESH BLACK TEA KOMBUCHA ESSENCE – Another product that I’ve used for yearrrrs. This essence makes my skin feel refreshed and balanced after washing instead of dry and tight. I recently went on a trip and didn’t bring this essence with me and omg, I missed it so much!
9. GLOW RECIPE RETINOL EYE SLEEPING MASK – I recently tried the Glow Recipe ‘Glow Babies’ Kit and actually was impressed with their entire line. This eye sleeping mask is one that really stood out to me and absolutely love the way it plumps up the skin under my eyes and helps with my dark circles.
10. LANEIGE LIP SLEEPING MASK – I have always had dry lips and this is the only product that works! I put this on every night before bed and I wake up with the softest lips. Not greasy at all and even my kids love putting this one on with me — I own both the Original and Vanilla flavors and love them both!
11. DRUNK ELEPHANT TLC SUKARI BABYFACIAL – One of my favorite masks that I use weekly to get rid of dead skin and get my skin feeling like new!
12. DRUNK ELEPHANT PROTINI POLYPEPTIDE MOISTURIZER – This is my all-time favorite moisturizer (which says a lot!). Incredibly hydrating, not too heavy, and has definitely made my skin feel more smooth.
14. VELOUR LASH EFFORTLESS NO TRIM NO MEASURE KIT – I have the wimpiest lashes and even though I did extensions for awhile years ago, I’ve since switched to false lash strips as it’s just easier to maintain (and especially now that everything non-essential is out of the question!). I started figuring out how to do strip lashes with this kit from Velour and they are 100% the best for beginners! My current everyday lash is either the Velour ‘You Complete Me’ or the Kiss ‘Soir’ style.
15. ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR FOUNDATION – This is THE FOUNDATION that I wear for any occasion when I know there will be photos taken and I want to have flawless skin. The formula is long-wearing, has amazing coverage, and there are so many colors to ensure you get a perfect match!
17. HOURGLASS MINERAL VEIL PRIMER – I’ve used this primer for years and sometimes I wear the primer alone without foundation as it will blur out pores and imperfections. I have to say that I have gotten a few bottles where the initial few pumps were a little watery (not sure what happened) so if that happens to you, flip the bottle upside down to let it redistribute and hopefully that’ll fix it!
18. BEAUTYBLENDER SPONGE – Still the best sponge out there for flawless foundation application! Stock up now during the sale!
19. HUDA BEAUTY LIQUID LIPSTICK – I love their liquid lipstick formula and I swear by the color ‘Venus’ for my everyday lip. Long-wearing, non-drying, and the perfect nude!
20. CHARLOTTE TILBURY BRONZE + GLOW DUO – I love this set as it blends in flawlessly and just gives that sculpted cheekbone / contour. The highlight isn’t too bright and the contour isn’t too ashy — highly recommend!
21. OLAPLEX NO. 3 – I’ve gotten my hair balayaged for years now which has a tendency to make it more fragile. I love the Olaplex No. 3 for rebuilding strength in my hair and use it about once a month (although I probably should do more often!).
22. KERASTASE DENSIFIQUE SHAMPOO / CONDITIONER – My hair is naturally really fine and thin, so this builds up volume like nothing else! I swear by Kerastase products in general for my hair and alternate between the Densifique line for volume and the Blond Absolu for maintaining my ashy blond highlights (more on my hair here).
23. AQUIS MICROFIBER HAIR TURBAN – I hate having wet hair and with my hand-tie hair extensions now, the drying process does take much longer. I love the Acquis Microfiber Turban for soaking up all the water without the weight of a bulky towel that can pull on my extensions.
24. T3 SINGLEPASS 1.25″ CURLING IRON – The only hair styling tool I use. My hair really doesn’t like to hold a curl, but with the T3, I can get my curl to last for nearly an entire week! The 1.25″ size is also perfect for that everyday casual wave.
25. KERASTASE MAGIC NIGHT SERUM – Again, doing everything I can to build strength into my hair and this one was also recommended by my hair stylist! I apply this product from about mid-shaft to the ends of my hair before bed 2-3 times a week and wake up with super soft hair that doesn’t have any buildup.
26. DRYBAR DETOX DRY SHAMPOO – The best dry shampoo that dries up greasiness, adds volume and texture, and doesn’t leave a white residue. I even caught Adrian taking this to use for his own hair!
27. HERBIVORE COCO ROSE BODY POLISH – I use a body polish scrub in the shower once a week and this one from Herbivore is absolutely incredible. Not only does it leave the most beautiful glow on my skin (like I just got back from a vacay!) but it also smells amazing!
28. FRESH SUGAR LYCHEE PARFUM – For the longest time, I couldn’t find a perfume that I could wear everyday without it feeling like too much for the tech environment that I work in. This one from Fresh is very natural, not too sweet, and I get compliments on it all the time!
29. SOL DE JANIERO BUM BUM CREAM – I was skeptical about this lotion at first, but it works! The Bum Bum Cream actually does tighten your skin and minimizes the look of cellulite while also smelling amazing!
30. SLIP SILK SCRUNCHIES – I picked these up from the Sephora sale a couple years ago and they are 100% worth the price! The elastic isn’t too tight so it doesn’t crease your hair but it does hold my hair out of my face.
31. MOUNT LAI ROSE QUARTZ EYE DE-PUFFER – Another little tool I picked up from the Sephora sale last year and I look forward to rolling this depuffer on my eyes every night! The shape is amazing for fitting right under the eyes and the rose quartz stone has a very refreshing cooling effect while also helping improve blood circulation.
32. PRIMA NIGHT MAGIC CBD FACE OIL – I recently started looking for skincare infused with CBD as my esthetician (Andrea from Lush Beauty) recommended it to help with my eczema. This night oil I use after my serum and it’s really helped remove any redness that I usually have — I notice it most around my nose!
33. HUM NUTRITION HAIR SWEET HAIR – I just picked up another big bottle of these gummies as I had run out a few months ago and switched over to Nutrafol to see if it worked better (unfortunately it didn’t). So going back to the HUM line for hair gummies and also added in their Daily Cleanse and Big Chill to try out too!
Let me know what you pick up from the Sephora Spring Sale!