I love playing around with more glam makeup around the holidays and I almost always end up buying something from MAC’s holiday makeup collection every year. Lately, I’ve rediscovered my pigments and have been absolutely loving using pigment eyeshadows as the colors just stand out so much more than regular powder eyeshadow and I find that it really gives my eyes a pop when the weather outside is cold and dreary. I picked up the MAC Objects of Affection pigment collection in gold + beige + glitter and the colors are stunning while the neutral colors make it easily wearable, even for everyday!
For this eyeshadow holiday makeup look, I used 3 of the pigments in the pigment collection and found that they pair up quite well to create a slightly glitzier look that’s perfect for a party or even just whenever you want a little more attention! Here’s the breakdown:
- Eyelid Primer: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer (shade NC25 for me — same as my foundation shade) – applied with ring finger all over eyelid and up to the eyebrow.
- Eyelid: Inner 1/3: MAC English Gilt pigment – applied with MAC 242 brush. I sprayed brush first with 1 pump of MAC Fix+ to create a more foiled look but can be applied dry as well.
- Eyelid: Outer 2/3: MAC Pretty It Up pigment – applied with MAC 252 brush sprayed with MAC Fix+ (see note above).
- Transition: MAC Bamboo eyeshadow – applied with MAC 217 brush – apply right on the bone on top of the eye socket in windshield wiper motions to help transition the darker lid color with the upper highlight color.
- Outer V: MAC Deep Brown pigment – applied with MAC 222 brush (discontinued but similar) – lightly sweep dark brown color in a v-shape on the outermost corner of eye. I personally let the color go outside of my eyelid just a bit to create the look of a larger eye
- Blend, blend, blend! Using a MAC 224 brush, I use gentle back-and-forth motions in the areas between the colors just to blend them together. Be sure to blend gently as you don’t want the colors to look muddy and mix together too much.
- Highlight: MAC Blanc Type – applied using MAC 227 brush – apply first to browbone area right under the arch of the eyebrow and then spread to entire browbone.
- Face Primer: Hourglass Mineral Veil – applied with fingers
- Foundation: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation – shade 4 – applied using Tarte Airbrush finish brush
- Blush: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light – applied with MAC 187 brush
- Contour: Benefit ‘Hoola’ – applied with MAC 134 brush
- Lipstick: MAC Pro Longwear Lipstick in Soft Sell
P.S. In case you missed it:
- Burberry-Inspired Poncho – Keeping warm in this beautiful checked blanket poncho!